Neotron is glad to inform that in addition to the methods “Detection of Salmonella ISO 6579- 1” and “Detection of Listeria monocytogenes ISO 11290-1” two new accredited methods are now available:
- Detection of Salmonella spp. (ELFA) AFNOR BIO 12/32-10/11 2020
- Detection of Listeria monocytogenes (ELFA) AFNOR BIO 12/27-02/10 2020
The new ELFA methods are accredited and validated by comparison with ISO 6579-1 and ISO 11290-1 methods according to the criteria indicated by the ISO 16140-2 standard, therefore they can be considered equivalent to the ISO methods and complying with the EC Regulation 2073.
The advantages of the ELFA (Enzyme Linked Fluorescent Assay) methods in comparison with the ISO methods are the following ones:
- Reduction of reporting time in case of negativity.
- High efficiency and reliability thanks to the use of an automatic analyzer (VIDAS) used in clinical setting.
- Possibility of pooling validated on amounts or sample units higher than the ones provided for by the traditional methods.
The in-house methods for the Detection of Salmonella spp. 06(S28) and Listeria monocytogenes 06(S29) remain applicable.