The gas transmission
The crossing of aeriform substances happens only through the packaging material discontinuities
Four different types of discontinuity can be distinguished in the structure of plastic materials:
- Cracks and/or rupture: as a consequence of abrasions; any type of gas flow may be referred to this type of discontinuity, also the crossing of liquid and even of microorganisms;
- Holes and pipes: as a consequence of drillings or a non-uniform distribution of bulks, pigments and welding defects;
- Inter molecular gaps: these material gaps are a consequence of the nature and morphology of the polymer, they have unsteady dimensions because subject to molecular motions;
- Intra molecular gaps: in molecules of big dimensions it is possible that there is a sufficient space for the crossing of gas substances or fumes; also these discontinuities can vary their dimensions due to thermic motions.
Permeability and Shelf life
- Texture alteration
- Flavours loss
- Oxygen intake
- Undesirable volatile compounds intake
These are phenomena that can influence the SHELF LIFE of a pre-packaged product and they are involved in content-container interactions.
Do you want to know how can we help you?
Speak directly with our customer service
NEOTRON SPA – With Sole Shareholder
STRADELLO AGGAZZOTTI 104
41126 MODENA MO
Tax code: 03807840362 VAT no.: 03807840362
For further Information contact Us: